Saturday, November 14, 2009

Negros Occidental's Provincial Capitol Lagoon Skating Rink

Negros Occidental's Provincial Capitol Lagoon skating rink is still very much in use today.



I remember skating on it years ago when skates had four wheels each -- two in front and two at the back, and was adjustable that it could accommodate any kind of shoe (wow, I miss that pair now, it's made of steel it can be a valuable antique now).

There was a time when the Provincial Capitol Lagoon skating rink went into dormancy. It had major cracks and the surface wasn't as skate-friendly as before.



Later skateboarders and BMX bike enthusiasts rediscovered the place and the Provincial Capitol Lagoon skating rink became populated again.

The advent of the roller blade in the late 80's -- with four wheels aligned on a straight line like that of an ice skate -- and the "skate shoes" in the 90's -- shoes that looked like bulky rubber shoes with wheels that pop out at the flick of a button -- made the Provincial Capitol Lagoon skating rink a skating haven again.



Waveboards, a two-wheel innovation of the classic skateboard, is another sight to see at Negros Occidental's Provincial Capitol Lagoon skating rink.

1 comment:

  1. Can I bring my bike inside lagoon? I want to jog every morning there and I am using my bike going to lagoon,is it possible for me to bring my bike inside? just for me to park it at least? thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails